You’ll frequently see help wanted ads on Craigslist from real estate firms seeking to hire leasing agents or experienced brokers.
If the ad was placed on behalf of a licensed rental service or real estate broker and doesn’t name the firm, the ad is a violation of the Illinois Real Estate License Act.
The firm that placed the ad is either ignorant of its legal obligations or willfully ignoring them. In either case, it’s not a firm you want to consider joining. In a world that Google documents relentlessly, you might be permanently tainting your employment history and limiting your future options.
- Suckers wanted for lucrative career leasing apartments
- Chicago real estate video shootout – YoChicago vs Crain’s and Chicago Magazine
- How churned-and-burned leasing agents can cut their losses
- Renters can be driven to distraction when driven around
- Know your rights when your apartment is being shown