Forty acres and a mull in Lincoln Park
Crain’s Chicago Real Estate Daily reported yesterday on a meeting hosted by North Branch Works to mull the future of a 40-acre stretch of Lincoln Park.
The location, from the Chicago River north to Webster Ave, includes the former Guttmann Tannery, Finkl Steel and A. Lakin & Sons sites and is included in a Planned Manufacturing District (PMD). The PMD currently limits allowable uses and would not accommodate residential development.
It’s a near-certainty that the decision-making process will go on for years.
You can see 100s more of YoChicago’s aerial photographs at Flickr.
- What’s for rent in the Gold Coast, Lincoln Park and Lakeview
- Clark, Broadway & Diversey – where Lincoln Park meets Lakeview
- An impressive new Lincoln Park home by RD Precision
- Lincoln Park homes – minis still outnumber megas
- Tour twenty Lincoln Park apartment buildings in half an hour