As of yesterday evening there were 616 MLS-listed homes and condos for rent in the six north lakefront ZIP Codes that we track periodically: 60614, 60657, 60613, 60640, 60660 and 60626.
The current inventory is 13.6% higher than it was a month ago, and the highest number we’ve seen since we began tracking a year ago in January. The only area that saw an inventory decrease was Rogers Park, where the number of MLS-listed homes and condos is near the lowest we’ve seen.
Reports from the field indicate brisk activity at managed apartment buildings which typically do not list their rentals in the Multiple Listing Service.
- Will the downtown rental market boom or go bust this spring?
- Market for MLS-listed downtown homes and condos remains stable
- Onterie Center sold in continuing strong rental market
- Distressed properties dominate the market in Rogers Park
- Are new South Loop apartments a sign of a rental market downturn?