It was exactly four years ago today that we first wrote about about Taxman Corporation’s Gateway development plan.
The project, at the southeast corner of Madison and Green, has been scaled back several times since the original rendering, above. Chicago Real Estate Daily reported yesterday that a Lennar Corp affiliate has acquired the site. The most recent plans contemplate a 17-story, 167-unit apartment building with 95 parking spaces. The building is slated to have a rooftop amenities deck with an outdoor pool.
We’ve updated our list of new downtown apartment projects to reflect the scaled back number of units and Taxman’s departure from the scene.
You can see more recent renderings of the project at Curbed.
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments – parks and beaches
- An updated look at new West Loop apartments
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments – Private outdoor space
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments – Walk to Loop
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments – One-bedroom floor plan