Major rehab slated for 2101 S Michigan apartments
The AFL-CIO Housing Investment Trust has provided $32 million in financing toward a $42 million renovation of the 250-unit, 26-story apartment tower at 2101 S Michigan Ave.
The renovation will include a new lobby, community room and on-site laundry facility as well as energy-efficient appliances and new heating and cooling in the individual units.
The building, which was built in 1971, has a mix of studio to 3-bedroom apartments with beginning rents ranging from $696 to $1,266 per month. As you might expect for apartments at that price in the South Loop, there’s a waiting list.
- More Streeterville apartments moving forward
- The Park Michigan apartments, an outdoor living paradise
- Two free months at EnV – a sign of a softening market?
- Downtown Chicago apartments – the dark side of the boom
- 850 Lake Shore Drive slates occupancy for late this year