Nearly twenty years ago the Reader published a lengthy look at Wicker Park’s gentrification battles.
Wicker Park has undergone great change in the past twenty years, and whatever anti-gentrification sentiment remains isn’t acted out as dramatically as it often was in the 90s.
Is there any Chicago neighborhood today where the possibility of gentrification provokes as intense a reaction as it did in Wicker Park in 1994?
- Deal of the day – renovated Lincoln Park studios steps from the park
- Park View apartments, 1936 N Clark St, Lincoln Park
- Chicago winters made easy at Park Michigan apartments
- Strategic vision or wishful thinking in Lincoln Park high-rise buy?
- Belden-Stratford apartments, 2300 N Lincoln Park West, Lincoln Park