I sampled a few of those listings and was surprised to see several in apartment buildings that have recently opened for occupancy. One of the listings misrepresents the building as a condominium and another misstates the neighborhood the building is in, perhaps because – as Crain’s notes – most of the Airbnb rentals violate one or more city ordinances regulating short-term rentals.
You might be tempted to try on the lifestyle in one of the new buildings with a short-term rental via Airbnb. Be aware, however, that the building’s lease with your prospective host doesn’t allow that arrangement, and you might be faced with a last-minute cancellation.
- Short-term furnished rentals take the pressure off a move
- Watch video tours of twenty-eight Lake View apartment buildings
- Video tours of two dozen Lakeview East apartment buildings
- Video tours of dozens of Lakeview East apartment buildings
- Watch video tours of seventeen Lincoln Park apartment buildings