It’s been nearly 15 years since Chicago’s most recent plan was adopted for the Near West Side’s Fulton Randolph Market District. The area has changed dramatically since then and is poised for more substantial change in the near future.
Sterling Bay‘s 1K Fulton development has attracted Google as a major tenant. Sterling Bay just won a bidding war for Oprah’s West Loop holdings, adding to its already sizable stake in the neighborhood.
A few short blocks east of 1K Fulton developer Don Wilson is planning a 17-story hotel and an entertainment complex which would include a Brooklyn Bowl. A raft of new restaurants, hotels and offices are among the other projects underway or on the drawing boards in the area.
K2 residents can get a closer look at the proposed hotel / Brooklyn Bowl site from The Publican, which is about a 4-minute walk from K2.
The city’s Department of Planning and Development is working on an updated plan for the area, and will be participating in a planning meeting on Tuesday, April 1. The meeting will be held at VenueOne, 1044 W Randolph St, from 6 to 8 pm.
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments – views
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments – Dining and nightlife
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments, a recap
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments – grocery shopping
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments – parks and beaches