Tomorrow I’m attending the Chicago Association of Realtors‘ Good Neighbor Awards ceremony, where 26 new residential developments will be honored for “encouraging rehabilitation and redevelopment in Chicago’s neighborhoods” and “strengthening community pride.”
I browsed the list of winners, honorable mentions and finalists this afternoon and found 13 that still had homes on the market. The following is a list of Good Neighbor Award winners and nominees found in the Loop / downtown area and the North Side, along with excerpts from the CAR’s development profiles and current price points.
Check back tomorrow to see the winners and nominees from the Far North, Northwest, and South sides.
Loop / downtown:
- Winner, Residential / Multi-unit New Construction: “This project brought open green space to a neighborhood historically known for parking lots and industrial facilities.”
- Listings include one-bedroom / one-baths with 921 to 1,053 square feet from the $360s to $510s; one-bedroom / 1.5-bath with 1,183 square feet in the $600s; two-bedroom / two-baths with 1,196 to 1,464 square feet from the $550s to $890s; two-bedroom / 2.5 baths with 1,731 to 3,267 square feet from the $850s to $1.93 million; three-bedroom / 2.5-baths with 1,803 square feet from the $870s to $1.02 million; and three-bedroom / three-baths with 2,289 to 2,320 square feet from $1.28 to $1.29 million.
- Winner, Mixed-use New Construction: “This project considerably strengthened the vitality of the block by introducing quality retail and providing the privacy necessary for a residential enclave.”
- Listings include a 1,550 square-foot two-bedroom / two-bath is listed in the $650s.
- Finalist, Mixed-use New Construction: “Replacing a dilapidated old storefront and multi-unit rental building, Wilkinson Blender (known for its environmentally friendly approach) designed and is constructing an innovative green luxury building with three residential units and retail on the first floor.”
- Listings include a 1,765 square-foot two-bedroom / three-bath in the $590s, and a 4,330 square-foot duplex at $1.45 million.
- Winner, Residential / Multi-unit New Construction: “An abandoned residential two-flat once stood at this address… the newly constructed six-flat building, located in a Community Reinvestment Act-approved area, is a big improvement.”
- Listings include a two-bedroom / two-bath in the $460s.
- Honorable Mention, Residential / Multi-unit New Construction: “Located in the renowned Blaine School District, these homes are a welcome alternative to the more costly single-family homes in Lakeview.”
- Listings include three-bedroom / three-baths from the $490s to $570s.