Now that the Chicago River less resembles the toxic cesspool it once was, Chicago residents no longer avoid the river for fear of contracting typhoid fever and other infectious diseases. In fact, some people actually want to live close to the river, or at least that seems to be the assumption of several developers in and around Avondale.
For this region, it’s necessary to break the list into two groups: the three developments that we’ve kept a relatively close watch over, and that seem more likely to be completed, and the three that I have less information about, or that seem to be idling.
These first three are, from what I can tell, either completed or are currently under construction:
- Cornelia Court, 3001 W Cornelia Ave: Two-bedrooms are priced from the the $470s, three-bedrooms are priced from the $510s to $520s, and four-bedrooms are listed from the $580s to the $640s.
- The Homes of Rivers Edge, 2801 N Oakley Ave: 76 1- and 2-bedroom condos priced from $260s to the $520s and 11 3-bedroom townhouses priced from the $670s to the $690s
- Fletcher Row, 2424 W Fletcher St (below, at left): 20 3- and 4-bedroom / 3.5 bath condos priced from the $600s to the $800s
– Rate and review Cornelia Court at NewHomeNotebook.com.
– Rate and review Rivers Edge at NewHomeNotebook.com.
– Rate and review Fletcher Row at NewHomeNotebook.com.
And these are the three that we know less about:
- North River Court, 2700 W Belmont Ave: 46 two- and three-bedroom condos, from the $280s to the $470s
- Bankside Townhouses, 2951 N Oakley Ave: 33 townhouses and four single-family homes priced from the $550s to the $900s
- La Riviere, 2825 N Oakley Ave (below): 15 four-bedroom / 4.5-bath townhouses priced from the $980s
– Rate and review North River Court at NewHomeNotebook.com.
– Rate and review La Riviere at NewHomeNotebook.com.