A recent New York Times Travel feature showcased Andersonville’s “village life in a big city,” singling out Las Manos Gallery, Scout 5221, Anteprima, In Fine Spirits, and Transistor as noteworthy destinations for shopping, eating, and entertainment.
The Clark Street corridor may have a lot to offer in the way of commerce, but what the neighborhood doesn’t have a lot of is single-family housing. Looking strictly within Andersonville’s boundaries (Foster, Bryn Mawr, Ravenswood, and Glenwood avenues), you’ll find just five single-family homes for sale, priced from just under $400,000 to just under $600,000. They are:
- $599,900: A three-bedroom / 3.5-bath at 5352 N Ashland Ave. Built in 2002. Features a kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, and custom wood cabinets; a living / dining room with fireplace; custom windows throughout; a master bedroom with balcony; a finished basement with an office or bedroom, workroom, and full bath; and a 2.5-car garage. On the market since June; originally priced at $649,900. Last sold in 2002 for $548,000.
- $549,000: A three-bedroom / three-bath at 5354 N Ashland Ave (pictured). Built in 2002. Features an island kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, and space for a kitchen table; a sunroom with adjacent deck; and a 2.5-car garage. On the market since October 5; last sold in 2003 for $396,000.
- $499,900: A three-bedroom / 2.5-bath at 1619 W Bryn Mawr Ave. Features a fully remodeled kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, and matching 1-inch tile backsplash; a separate dining room with built-in hutch; and gutted and remodeled baths. On and off the market since August 2009; last sold in December 2003 for $350,000.
- $425,000: A five-bedroom / two-bath at 1729 W Summerdale Ave. Built in 1907. Features a 1.5-car garage. Listed in August 2010.
- $399,000: A four-bedroom / five-bath at 1739 W Rascher Ave. A former two-flat, built in 1908, converted to a single-family featuring hardwood floors; oak moldings; a main floor with front sitting room and separate living and dining rooms; a top floor with a master suite, three other bedrooms, and a sitting room; and a two-car garage. On and off the market since February 2008; most recently listed in February 2010 for $409,000.