“This is a traumatic time in this country and the future isn’t something we’re 100% sure about now either. What’s left? The answer for most home buyers is authenticity.”
A Builders Show report from MarketWatch outlines 10 “must-have” features for a home in today’s market. They are:
- A large kitchen with an island
- Energy-efficient appliances, insulation, and windows
- A home office or study
- A main-floor master suite
- An outdoor living room
- Ceiling fans
- Master suite soaker tubs
- Stone and brick exteriors
- Community landscaping, paths, and playgrounds
- Two-car garages
The story also notes that features like granite countertops are a must among move-up buyers but “on the bubble” for first-timers, and that home theater rooms and upstairs laundries are on the way out.
Does this ring true among any of the single-family home / townhome buyers or sellers out there?