A reader recently asked whether we had any news to report from Ivy Hall, the third and final phase of the University Village mega-development near UIC on the Near West Side. Poor Ivy Hall has suffered from a low units-to-post ratio on YoChicago — despite comprising well over 200 new condos, townhouses and single-family homes, it pops up in a search of the Yo archives just five times. Thanks for the nudge, tipster.
Although there are plenty of unsold homes left from the Ivy Hall phase (bounded by Union Avenue and Depot, Halsted and Liberty streets), “there’s no fire sale going on,” says Kim Corbin, a broker associate with New West Realty. “We’ve done well in the past year. All the people who bought here are doing okay,” Corbin says, adding that a buyer purchased a single-family at the development as recently as yesterday.
Current price points for the available homes (shown here in pictures from Ivy Hall’s site) include:
- Two-bedroom / one-bath condos with 976 square feet and parking, priced from the $320s
- Two-bedroom / two-bath condos with 1,137 to 1,296 square feet and parking, priced from the $350s
- Two-bedroom / 2.5-bath townhomes with 2,148 square feet and two-car attached garages, priced from the $540s
- Three-bedroom / 3.5-bath townhomes with 2,860 to 2,907 square feet and two-car attached garages, priced from the $620s to the $770s
- Three- and four-bedroom single-family homes with 3,165 to 4,299 square feet and three-car detached garages, priced from $1.29 million to $1.7 million
Of those, one condo, three townhomes and two single-families are finished and can be ready for delivery in 30 days, according to the Ivy Hall Web site. Crews will continue to install finishes in the rest over the coming months, Corbin says.
Ivy Hall’s developers are in the process of applying for FHA approval, although only certain condominiums will qualify for the program, she says.