Once a week we’ll check out the “Web presence” of one residential development, from Web sites for the building and its developer, architect, condo association, and management companies, to “fan” groups and discussions on social networking sites and forums, and from the project’s WalkScore to EveryBlock data within an eight-mile radius of its location.
This week we’re focusing on the 27-story SoNo, located at 860 W Blackhawk St on the Near North Side. SoNo’s construction lender, MB Financial Bank, is offering 30-year mortgages with fixed 4.375-percent rates to buyers who apply by Oct. 15 and make a 5-percent down-payment, according to a recent report from Crain’s Chicago Business. (MB is also offering loan programs at Silver Tower in River North and CA23 in the West Loop.)
SoNo doesn’t have much of a presence on social networks yet — we couldn’t find any resident groups on Facebook or a SoNo account on Twitter, for example — but here are a few links to places where you can find out a little more about the development.
- SoNo: Official Web site features floor plans, amenity lists, interior photos, and neighborhood information
- Smithfield Properties: Developer Web site
- Booth Hansen: Architect Web site
- MB Financial Bank: SoNo’s construction lender; currently offering 30-year mortgages with fixed rates below 5 percent for buyers who make down payments of 5 percent
- @properties: SoNo’s exclusive broker
- NewHomeNotebook: SoNo’s development detail page
- YoChicago: Posts about SoNo
- Flickr: Photos of SoNo from the YoChicago photostream
- YouTube: Videos of SoNo from the YoChicago YouTube channel
- SkyscraperCity: SoNo discussion thread
- WalkScore: Amenities within 1 mile of SoNo
- EveryBlock: Crimes, permits, photos, and reviews within eight blocks of SoNo
- Yelp: Reviews of restaurants, stores, and services near SoNo