The following is a list of 2009 Good Neighbor Award winners and nominees on the Far North, Northwest, and South sides that still have homes for sale. These and other residential and commercial developments will be honored by the Chicago Association of Realtors this evening. (See a list of downtown and North Side winners.)
Far North Side:
- Finalist, Mixed-use New Construction: “…the building promises to be an integral part of the community and has thus far been very well received by residents and aldermen.”
- Listings include one-bedroom / one-baths in the $170s; two-bedroom / one-baths in the $250s; two-bedroom / 1.5-baths from the $270s to $290s; two-bedroom / two-baths from the $240s to $350s; and three-bedroom / two-baths from the $350s to $400s.
- Winner, Mixed-use New Construction: “The Fountain View complements the historic character of the neighborhood while minimizing environmental impact.”
- Listings include two-bedroom / two-baths with 1,311 to 1,518 square feet from the $440s to $520s, and three-bedroom / two-baths with 1,504 square feet in the $490s.
- Winner, Residential Multi-unit Renovation: “Built in the 1930s, this property was a current-day ‘diamond in the rough’…neighbors began to upgrade their buildings’ appearances as a result, and the impact was significant: The neighborhood pride seemed to be back and thriving once again.”
- Listings include a 3,200 square-foot five-bedroom / three-bath duplex in the $410s.
- Winner, Residential Multi-unit Renovation: “Once the site of neglect and crime… the goal was to preserve the classic architecture while providing residents with modernized amenities…”
- Listings include one-bedroom / one-baths in the $130s, and two-bedroom / one-baths from the $170s to $180s.
- Winner, Residential Multi-unit Renovation: “Blending old and new, Foster Manor preserves its original vintage charm while providing occupants with updated amenities.”
- Listings include studios in the $90s, one-bedroom / one-baths from the $120s to $150s, and two-bedroom / one-baths in the $160s.
- Winner, Residential / Multi-unit New Construction: “This location, once occupied by vacant buildings plagued with crime and squatters… has brought new neighbors to the Bucktown / Logan Square area and support to the local community.
- Listings include two-bedroom / two-baths in the $290s.
- Winner, Residential / Multi-unit New Construction: “Despite the challenge of the smaller-than-average lot size…these two once dangerous and unsightly vacant lots were transformed into homes that reflect the history and feel of the Bronzeville community.”
- Listings include 4,000 square-foot four-bedroom / 3.5-bath duplexes in the $620s.
9128 S Harper Ave in Calumet Heights
- Winner, Residential / Multi-unit New Construction: “The location, once a garbage-filled vacant lot, now boasts an efficient home with features including bamboo flooring throughout, stainless-steel appliances, a Jacuzzi and separate steam shower, and a terrace.”
- The four-bedroom / 2.5-bath three-story home is listed in the $280s.