The Sutherland was built as a hotel and briefly converted to a military hospital. Its most famous incarnation, however, was as a music venue frequented by some of the greats of jazz music.
As part of the conversion the common areas were expanded to include a resident lounge, a billiards room adjacent to the laundry and a fitness room. Free Wi-Fi service is available in the lounge areas. The lobby, which has been restored to its original size and character, also hosts a 24-hour concierge service for residents.
Matt Fleming of Mac Apartments leasing group is your tour host in the video.
MAC Property Management manages thousands of apartments in the Hyde Park / Kenwood neighborhood.
- Tour the Sutherland model apartments in Hyde Park with the designer
- The Sutherland, renovated luxury apartments in Hyde Park / Kenwood
- The views from The Sutherland in Hyde Park / Kenwood
- The Park Michigan apartments, an outdoor living paradise
- Bargain-priced apartments in the heart of the Gold Coast