Chicago-area sales volume increased 21% year-over-year in January 2014 and the median sales price increased 17%, to $175,000 according to RealtyTrac‘s just-released January 2014 Residential and Foreclosure Sales Report.
Annualized sales volume in January was 170,394 homes. Institutional investors accounted for 7.6% of the sales. Nearly 46% of January sales were all cash. Short sales accounted for 9.7% of the market, lender-owned properties for 17.4% and foreclosure auctions for 1.6%.
The full report is available at RealtyTrac.
- Chicago sales volume up 31% year-over-year in October
- Chicago sales up 27%, median price up 10% year-over-year
- Metro Chicago home prices, sales volume up and days-on-market down
- RealtyTrac reports sales, prices rose in Chicago metro area
- Lincoln Park single-family sales volume up 51.8% year-over-year in Q2