Developer Fred Latsko took control of the five-bedroom mansion about seven years ago, when he acquired its mortgage and foreclosed on it. Since then, Latsko has completely restored the grandiose German Baroque and French-style mansion, which was finished in 1896 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
Contractors cleaned and restored wood carvings, refurbished and refitted windows, restored painted panels and ceilings, cleaned and repaired mosaic tile floors and cleaned, releaded and reinstalled original stained-glass and art-glass windows.
Latsko also modernized the kitchen and butler’s pantry, upgraded bathrooms, converted the third-floor ballroom into a master suite and added a media room, a billiard room, a wine cellar and guest quarters to the lower level.
The article goes on to describe the mansion’s “Rococo-style drawing room,” “Murano glass light sconces,” “Fragonard-inspired transom emblems,” “Gothic-style library,” “walls of mirrors reminiscent of the Palace of Versailles,” and a bunch of other finishes that sound really fancy, and really, really expensive.