Last weekend marked the start of something a little different at Sedgwick Properties‘ South Loop high-rise Marquee. On Saturday and Sunday mornings, the 25-story building at 1464 S Michigan Ave was open not just to potential buyers, but to potential renters, too.
Koenig & Strey GMAC Real Estate agent Jennifer Mills has listed 13 new rentals at Marquee, ranging from a sixth-floor one-bedroom renting for $1,495 a month to a 24th-floor three-bedroom renting for almost $4,700 a month, according to the new site MarqueeChicagoRentals.com. A representative from Sedgwick confirmed this morning that these are developer-owned units, and that the rental program will proceed concurrently with the building’s sales efforts.
Seven of the rental units listed by Koenig & Strey appeared on a Jameson price sheet in November at prices ranging from the $240s to the $940s:
- Unit 2405, a three-bedroom / 2.5-bath renting for $4,695 a month, was priced in the $940s with $627 monthly assessments.
- Unit 1704, a three-bedroom / two-bath renting for $2,995 a month, was priced in the $450s with $308 monthly assessments.
- Unit 601, a two-bedroom / two-bath renting for $2,825 a month, was priced in the $370s with $261 monthly assessments.
- Unit 1003, a two-bedroom / two-bath renting for $2,200 a month, was priced in the $330s with $230 monthly assessments.
- Unit 1805, a two-bedroom / two-bath renting for $1,750 a month, was priced in the $360s with $244 monthly assessments.
- Unit 1508, a one-bedroom / one-bath renting for $1,550 a month, was priced in the $240s with $169 monthly assessments.
- Unit 611, a one-bedroom / 1.5-bath renting for $1,495 a month, was priced in the $240s with $164 monthly assessments.
The rentals have hardwood floors, stainless-steel appliances, wood cabinets, in-unit laundry, and private terraces, according to Koenig & Strey’s listings. Gas is included in rent, and no security deposit is required. There is a $500 move-in fee, however, as well as a $250 fee for pets.
Parking, which has sold for $35,000, is available for $195 a month.
I visited Marquee during one of Jameson’s open houses last fall and brought back a few pictures of one of the tower’s five model units. You can see a couple below.