Brick and timber buffs might want to check out one of the newest listings in Lincoln Park: a 1,700 square-foot, two-bedroom / two-bath corner unit at Clybourn Lofts, 1872 N Clybourn Ave, which was listed on Wednesday at $449,000.
Unit #507 is high enough to get full skyline views to the southeast through its 10-foot-high windows, as evidenced by the photo below. The home has 14-foot ceiling heights; exposed brick; new windows; new HVAC; a granite island and breakfast bar; and an upgraded master bath. Extra storage and deeded, secured parking is included in the price.
2009 taxes are $6,599 with homeowner and senior exemptions, and monthly assessments are $502. (The seller has offered to pay a special assessment, according to the listing.) The home last sold in 1993 for $257,000.
The six-story building dates back to 1918, and was adapted into 57 lofts in 1984 by Horwitz-Matthews and Pappageorge / Haymes.
Other units currently for sale at Clybourn Lofts include:
- Unit #115, a two-bedroom / two-bath with 2,670 square feet, priced at $549,000
- Unit #303, a two-bedroom / two-bath with 1,600 square feet, priced at $439,000
- Unit #302, a tw0-bedroom / one-bath with 1,400 square feet, priced at $419,900
- Unit #110, a two-bedroom / two-bath with 1,400 square feet, priced at $409,000
- Unit #113, a two-bedroom / two-bath with 2,000 square feet, priced at $399,000
The percentage of owner-occupied units provided by the agents for these units ranges from 78% to 98%. Whatever the true amount, there are no units currently listed for rent on the MLS.