The recently-reported sale of the 250-unit 1225 Old Town apartment high-rise can easily pass unnoticed, but the restoration of the ornate terra cotta façade on the site is sure to attract attention. It was nearly complete when we stopped by on Monday. Signage on the site indicates that upscale grocer Plum Market is on schedule for a mid-June opening in the building, which sold for what may be a record price for apartment units in Chicago.
- Terra cotta restoration underway and Intelligentsia joins Plum Market at 1225 Old Town
- Plum Market sets opening date at 1225 Old Town, partnership with chef Takashi Yagihashi
- Is the Fisher Building terra cotta a pun or payback?
- 1225 Old Town over 85% leased; Plum Market begins construction
- 1225 Old Town honored as Development of the Year