In an attempt to pick up the pace of sales, Trump International Hotel & Tower is about to do something it’s never done before: put together furnished models. According to the Tribune, 14 developer units sold between mid-June and mid-September, which isn’t all that bad, all things considering. Trump faces competition from places like the recently completed Elysian and the unfinished Ritz-Carlton Residences, and all three buildings will be vying for the attention of old Spire investors over the coming months.
This morning I pulled up Trump’s sales records and picked out three tiers that have 1) seen sales over the past six months and 2) still have units listed on the MLS.
Tier 41-49D – one bedroom, 1.5 baths, 1,046 square feet:
- Sold: Unit 46D, in May for $500,000. Originally listed in February at $659,770.
- For sale: Unit 43D, listed at $575,000. On the market 13 days. Last sold in October 2008 for $566,000.
- For sale: Unit 48D, listed at $699,770. On the market 650 days.
Tier 72-85A – two bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 1,839 square feet:
- Sold: Unit 73B, in June for $1.05 million.
- Sold: Unit 72B, in July for $1.03 million. Originally listed in September 2009 at $1.59 million.
- For sale: Unit 81B, listed at $1.29 million. On the market 261 days.
Tier 66-71E / 72-85D – three-bedrooms, four baths, 3,102 square feet:
- Sold: Unit 73D, in July for for $2 million. Originally listed that month for $2.3 million.
- Sold: Unit 71E, in August for $2.4 million.
- Sold: Unit 77D, in August for $2.3 million.
- For sale: Unit 67E, listed at $2.39 million. On the market 142 days.