Two new apartment towers are topped out
The Coast (center left, above) and 500 North Lake Shore Drive (center right, above) have both reached their full height and are proceeding toward planned occupancy next spring.
If all goes according to plan the 49-story, 499-unit Coast, 345 E Wacker, will open in February, making it the first of half a dozen new high-rises slated for completion next year.
The 45-story, 500-unit 500 N Lake Shore Drive tower is targeting May occupancy.
Overall nearly 2,700 new apartments will be added to the downtown rental market next year.
- Related to relaunch three South Loop condo towers
- Construction update – 500 North Lake Shore Drive
- Chicago apartment vacancies down for 13th consecutive quarter
- Expanding your rental apartment trade-offs
- An apartment dweller ages out of Division Street