Homeowners still on the fence about selling their current homes should know that “the time is now — if they want to sidestep more marketplace competition in a few months,” according to an industry consultant quoted recently in the Chicago Tribune.
Banks have been waiting for signs of stability before putting their foreclosed homes on the market, and they may be ready to do so come this spring, the article says.
By choosing to sell now, when competition from foreclosures isn’t so fierce, a buyer will be able to turn around and purchase one of the many affordably priced single-family homes under construction or ready to deliver at Shodeen Residential‘s Mill Creek community in west suburban Geneva.
Six homes are available right now in the Tanna neighborhood of Mill Creek, Geneva’s premier master-planned community, and another two are in the process of being approved for construction, says Sales Manager Kim Cicero.
The homes include:
- 40W206 Chapman Ct, a five-bedroom / 2.5-bath Payton II-style home with 2,705 square feet, priced in the $350s
- 0N617 Fieldstone Ln, a four-bedroom / 2.5-bath Payton III-style home with 2,666 square feet, priced in the $350s
- 40W061 Chadsworth Dr, a four-bedroom / 2.5-bath Parker XL I-style home with 2,714 square feet, priced in the $360s
- 0N453 King Dr, a three-bedroom / two-bath Prairie Ranch IV-style home with 2,027 square feet, priced in the $360s
- 0N482 King Dr, a three-bedroom / two-bath Prairie IV-style home with 2,033 square feet, priced in the $370s
- 39W974 Wellington Way, a four-bedroom / 3.5-bath Payton XL I-style home with 2,765 square feet, priced in the $390s
These homes are either finished or can be available in 30 to 60 days, says Cicero. Buyers interested in purchasing planned but unbuilt homes may be able to take advantage of incentives on home options, per plan, she says.
Tanna is one of two neighborhoods within the greater Mill Creek community. The other, Oakmont, features homes starting in the $390s.
Mill Creek, named “Best Overall Community in the Midwest” by the National Association of Home Builders, features a Village Center with retail and office space, the 18-hole Mill Creek and Tanna Farms public golf courses, two on-site elementary schools in Geneva Community Unit School District 304, two community churches, 127 acres of preserved wetlands, 195 acres of park space, 17 miles of hiking and biking trails, and more.
For more information about homes at Tanna, call 630-232-8181; for homes at Oakmont, call 630-232-0300.