A contributor to the SkyscraperPage forum noted yesterday that site prep for construction appears to have begun at 765 W Adams, the site of a proposed new 33-story, 350-unit apartment tower in the Greektown part of the West Loop.
The project also has a new name: Arkadia. Like many a development name, it may resonate in unintended ways. The developer doubtless wishes to call to mind an idyllic, peaceful, but it may remind some Greek emigrants of their rapidly depopulating home.
We dipped into our vast photo archive to bring you the following views of the site. The first shot was taken from the roof of Haberdasher Square, 728 W Jackson, the second and third from a helicopter.
- Construction underway on Catalyst apartments in West Loop
- K2, a new apartment tower between River North and the West Loop
- Site prep underway for River North apartment tower?
- Will Fifield “tack on” a hotel and 350 apartments to a West Loop office tower?
- New apartment developments headed for the West Loop