We define Chicago’s “near west” neighborhoods to include the West Loop, Fulton River District and River West. You’ll find all of your major apartment options in these neighborhoods on our at-a-glance list of downtown apartments.
Our goal is to help you find the apartment that best fits your needs. Renters simply have so many differing priorities – and budget constraints – that singling out an overall best building would be a pointless exercise.
The West Loop’s huge selection of dining and nightlife, including some of the hottest venues in the city, is one of the neighborhood’s major attractions.
The nod for most nearby restaurants, bars and night clubs goes to Lake Street Lofts, 910 W Lake. The building is a block from Randolph Street’s restaurant row and a short stroll from Greektown.
Chime in with a comment if you disagree with our selections.
You’ll find links to our objective, visually-rich apartment reviews of near west buildings, and links to near real-time availability checks for most of the buildings, at our downtown apartments at-a-glance list, and some tips and advice at our Guide to renting in Chicago’s near west neighborhoods.
Next topic: Retail shopping.
- The South Loop’s best apartments – dining and nightlife
- Streeterville’s best apartments – Nearby dining and nightlife
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments – Expressway access
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments – Walk to Loop
- River North’s best apartment towers – dining and nightlife