We define Chicago’s “near west” neighborhoods to include the West Loop, Fulton River District and River West. You’ll find all of your major apartment options in these neighborhoods on our at-a-glance list of downtown apartments.
Our goal is to help you find the apartment that best fits your needs. Renters simply have so many differing priorities – and budget constraints – that singling out an overall best building would be a pointless exercise.
A short walk to Loop offices is one of the major attractions of the West Loop and near west neighborhoods.
Presidential Towers Towers has the best overall walk-to-Loop location, with Catalyst a close contender when it opens later this year. Bear in mind that Presidential Towers spans two city blocks, and the easternmost of the four towers will be the closest to the Loop.
Chime in with a comment if you disagree with our selections.
You’ll find links to our objective, visually-rich apartment reviews of near west buildings, and links to near real-time availability checks for most of the buildings, at our downtown apartments at-a-glance list, and some tips and advice at our Guide to renting in Chicago’s near west neighborhoods.
Next topic: Dining, nightlife.
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments – grocery shopping
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments – public transit
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments – Expressway access
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments – parks and beaches
- Chicago’s best West Loop / Near West apartments – views