Our earlier posts spotlighted the South Loop apartment buildings with the best views, most convenient grocery shopping and best public transit access, proximity to parks and beaches and the expressway grid and the shortest walk to the Loop.
Although it can’t match River North for dining and nightlife density, the South Loop has a surprisingly strong array of options.
There are about three dozen bars and restaurants within a two block radius of those buildings, and several dozen more just beyond that radius.
There are also plenty of choices for the fast food aficionados.
If you disagree with our selections, chime in with a comment.
You’ll find links to our objective, visually-rich apartment reviews of South Loop buildings, and links to near real-time availability checks for most of the buildings, at our at-a-glance list, and some tips and advice at our Guide to renting in the South Loop.
Next topic: Retail shops.
- River North’s best apartment towers – dining and nightlife
- The South Loop’s best apartments – walking distance to the Loop
- The South Loop’s best apartments – Most convenient grocery shopping
- The South Loop’s best apartments – Parks and beaches
- The South Loop’s best apartments – Public transit access