Soil testing underway for new West Loop apartments
Two trucks from H.H. Holmes were on site on the parking lot south of 123 N Sangamon when I passed by yesterday. They were engaged in soil testing, which is typically one of the earliest steps in construction of any sizeable new building. Soil testing helps avoid surprises by identifying conditions that may impede construction.
The West Loop site, together with an adjacent loft building, was acquired earlier this year by a development group that plans to build 104 new apartments.
- Site prep underway for River North apartment tower?
- Major rehab slated for 2101 S Michigan apartments
- More Streeterville apartments moving forward
- Construction underway on Catalyst apartments in West Loop
- Dialing for dollars at Mondial in River West